Is your child’s room long overdo for a smart makeover? It’s time to say bye bye to drab walls and misplaced shoes and hello to a space that invites play and creativity. We’re bringing the inspiration to you to help you reinvent your child’s room. From beautifully bright colors and bold patterns to an out-of-this-world space pad and indoor hopscotch, you’ll discover some fresh ideas for kids-only spaces that are both fun andfunctional.
1. The Most Colorful Room Ever: Colorful, creative and cheerful — you’ll feel good about it. Your kids will enter color land and lose themselves in imaginative play for hours. (via Decor8)
2. Chevron Walls: Chevron is everywhere. Why not dress up your walls with the pattern, too? This could get colorful. (via I Love Lucy and Company)
3. LEGO Themed Bedroom: Because what little maker doesn’t long to live in LEGOland? (via Pebble Design)
4. Magnet Wall DIY: Use a piece of sheet metal, nails, hammer, cardboard and lots of alphabet letters to create a magnetic wall that invites playtime. Little bodies will stay busy for hours! (via Oh Happy Day)
5. Battery Park Fun House: Beds are suddenly transformed into personal hideouts with this fun bedroom system. Can we have one too? (via Handmade Charlotte)
6. Treehouse Bed: Kids will have a blast in a bedroom-turned-treehouse. The bed is a work of art and the colorful extras are excellent. (via The Boo and the Boy)
7. Tree Shelving: You’ve probably clicked on your fair share of “how to organize your kids’ stuff” stories. This tree shelf is at the crossroads of cute meets functional, making it the ultimate solution for storing books. (via Rosenberry Rooms)
8. Rainbow Honeycomb Wall: Whoa! You guys, check out this whimsical ombre-style honeycomb wall. Coolest wall treatment ever. (via Vintage Revivals)
9. Chevron Backed Bookshelves: A patterned focal point like a chevron-backed bookshelf makes a real statement in your space. All you need to make this happen is some patterned fabric or paper. (via Michaels)
10. Chalkboard Walls: Nearly every parent has experienced that not-so-charming moment involving their child, a marker and white walls — er, once white walls. Those days are long gone thanks to chalkboard paint. (via Land of Nod)
11. Outer Space Themed Bedroom: Kids will go wild for an out-of-this-world space-themed bedroom! A ceiling mural, glow in the dark stars and suspended paper planets make it happen. (via Decorating Theme Bedrooms)
12. Bunk Bed Nook: Swap out a boring bunk for this chic and functional bed. Workspace with an overhead bunk? Yes, please! (via Domestically Speaking)
13. Hopscotch Made from Duct Tape: We’re totally down with bringing outdoor games inside. Encourage active play with this tape-hacked hopscotch. Oh, and did you know that duct tape is now available in every color under the sun? Because it is. (via Haga 26)
14. Wall Art Decals: Whimsical wall art decals instantly transform white walls into a playful wonderland. Get as creative as you like with this mini city and add colorful garlands and bunting overhead! (via 101 Woonideeen)
How are you giving your kid’s room the colorful, creative treatment? Let us know in the comments below!